The 12-Month Ridge Internship Program is for those with a strong call to ministry, or for those who have an interest in ministry but may not be sure. This is an opportunity to grow in Christ, confirm God’s call, and gain expertise in a chosen ministry area. Internships are designed to provide the training and experience needed to seek future ministry employment.
- Internships are 12-month commitments, beginning the first week of June
- Full-time, 40-hour work weeks
- Evaluations occur every 3 to 6 months
- Depending on the current need, each intern will participate in one or two ministries
- Interns must secure their own housing in Austin
- Believer in Jesus Christ, evidenced by a consistent walk with Him
- Committed to the local church, evidenced by current activity and connection with a local church
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Relational ability to seek out, train and develop, and care for others
- Experience in past ministry (high school, college, or adult life)
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Open to critique and correction, and a desire to learn
- Service and Participation: to fully participate and serve in a particular area of ministry at Austin Ridge Bible Church
- Ministry Mentor: to fully report to the ministry supervisor, to which the intern is assigned for all ministry activities
- Life Mentor: to meet at least once a month with a life mentor, who will be assigned from the campus congregation in which the intern serves
- Classroom Training: to prepare for and attend all intern development sessions (approximately every 2 weeks)
- Partnership Exposure: to participate in all intern experiential development times through one of the ARBC ministry partners
Jeff grew up in Orlando, Florida, and graduated from Florida State University in 2012. He has been in full-time ministry since then, where he has had the opportunity to lead families, students, and currently, children. Jeff is married to Cheyenne, and together they have two boys, Everett and Cannon. He enjoys family time in the backyard, playing all sports, and watching his Florida State Seminoles dominate college football. Jeff is passionate about discipleship and helping parents shepherd their children in their walk with the Lord. Jeff and Cheyenne are thankful that the Lord has called them to Austin to be a part of such an incredible church and community.
Jason was born and raised in Nashville, Tennessee, and graduated from Middle Tennessee State University and Southwestern Seminary. While he has worked in several churches throughout the country, he is honored to now serve at Austin Ridge. He is married to Sarah, and they have five children, Katie Beth, Everett, Nolan, and twins, Lyla and Sosie. He enjoys exploring new places during family camping trips, coaching youth sports, and watching his favorite teams (Vanderbilt, Yankees, and Steelers). In order to reach all generations and families for Christ, Jason is passionate about equipping individuals with the necessary tools and motivations to authentically share their stories and impact others around them.