Ridge Summer Interns will have the opportunity to develop ministry knowledge and skills by actively engaging in and supporting needs in areas of their specific passions and talents. The three main aspects of the internship include Education, Experience, and Execution. From event planning, strategic prayer, Bible study writing and leading, worship leading, and team building, Ridge Summer Interns will partner with our team as we work to make disciples for Jesus. Our summer interns will also have the opportunity to be discipled by our staff as they serve throughout the summer.
We will be hiring positions in our student ministry, children's ministry, production team, and we will have two positions that will be all-encompassing, working with multiple ministries across our campuses.
- Heart to minister to others
- Multitasker with some event planning and execution skills
- Creative thinker who takes initiative
- Personable and relatable with good communication skills
- A Servant-Leader attitude in all things and a team player
- Eager to learn and be mentored
- Support the Ridge staff in, but not limited to:
- Planning summer events
- Plan and teach a summer Sunday sermon
- Plan and teach a weekday small group Bible study
- Support the Ridge staff around the office with various tasks and learn the ins and outs of church ministry
- This is a 12-week internship beginning in May. Schedule and hours may fluctuate but will typically include:
- 35-40 hours per workweek, typically made up of Sunday mornings from 8:30am-12:30pm, Monday-Thursday 9am-4pm.
- There will be extended hours during summer events. There may also be some weekends where you may be needed to help serve with special events.
- This is a paid position. (You will receive one week – five days – of paid leave during the internship upon approval of the direct report).
Ali was born and raised in San Antonio (with a few of those years spent in Oklahoma). She received her BA in Curriculum and Instruction, with a dual focus on Special Education and General Education, from Texas State University. Ali has a Young Life background, so she thrives in relational ministry and loves the relationships she has made with students and their families here at Austin Ridge.
Fun facts: Ali is also a dancer and a vocalist! When she’s not hanging out with students she is attending a concert, putting on her own, taking a dance class, hiking a mountain, or is road tripping to see her family.