Ridge Student Ministry Summer Interns will have the opportunity to develop ministry knowledge and skills by actively engaging in and supporting needs in areas of their specific passions and talents. The three main aspects of the internship include Education, Experience, and Execution. From event planning, strategic prayer, Bible study writing and leading, worship leading, and team building, Ridge Student Ministry Summer Interns will partner with our team as we work with parents and leaders to raise a generation of disciples for Jesus. Our summer interns will also have the opportunity to be discipled by our Student Ministry and church staff as they serve throughout the summer.
- Heart to minister to students and families
- Multitasker with some event planning and execution skills
- Creative thinker who takes initiative
- Personable and relatable with good communication skills
- A Servant-Leader attitude in all things and a team player
- Eager to learn and be mentored
- Possible specialized skills in areas of speaking or worship leading (not required)
- Support the Ridge Student Ministry in, but not limited to:
- Summer Camp: Plan and facilitate camp, support staff members with camp components, etc.
- Plan and teach a summer Sunday sermon
- Plan and teach a weekday small group Bible study
- Support the Ridge Student Ministry staff around the office with various tasks and learn the ins and outs of church ministry
- This is a 12-week internship beginning in May. Schedule and hours may fluctuate but will typically include:
- 35-40 hours per workweek, typically made up of Sunday mornings from 8:30am-12:30pm, Monday-Thursday 9am-4pm, and meeting with students throughout the week.
- There will be extended hours during Camp. There may also be some weekends where you may be needed to help serve with special events.
- This is a paid position. (You will receive one week, 5 days, of paid leave during the internship upon approval of the direct report).
Ali was born and raised in San Antonio. She graduated from Texas State University where she studied Curriculum & Instruction and was a member of the university’s dance team. In addition to dancing, Ali volunteered with Young Life for four years and likes to sing, go to concerts, enjoy the outdoors, and hang out with friends. She loves living in Austin and finding all of the cool hangout spots the city has to offer that she can go to with students from the Ridge!