Mobile Loaves & Fishes: Austin Ridge Food Truck
Mobile Loaves & Fishes: Austin Ridge Food Truck
Austin Ridge partners with Mobile Loaves & Fishes to provide 100 meals per night, six nights per week to people who are living throughout the streets of Austin. We also provide clothing and toiletries for those in need through Donation Sundays that occur the first Sunday of every month at the Bee Cave campus.
Our Commissary is located next to the kitchen in Building A of our Bee Cave Campus.
Make Ready Teams - Prepares food and loads truck with clothing and toiletries
- Teams of 4-6 people serve at the Bee Cave campus Monday through Saturday from 10:00am - 11:30am
- These teams will come together to pray and prepare the food and the truck for that night's run
Truck Teams - load the food onto the truck, take it out to the city, hand it out and build relationships; 5-7:30pm Mon - Sat
- Want to serve? Click here!
- Teams of 3-6 people meet at the Bee Cave campus Monday through Saturday from 5:00pm - 7:30pm
- These teams will load the truck with food from the commissary and then take the truck out to serve in the city
Commissary Loading Teams - Unload bulk boxes of food & pack them into commissary; 12:30 Tues.
Donation Sundays - help collect, sort, and bag donated clothes and toiletries once a month at Bee Cave
- Bee Cave Donation Sunday Teams serve on the first Sunday of every month
- Teams of around 10 put out collection bins then sort, bag, and store donations
- Bee Cave Instructions
Egg Ministry - provide hard-boiled eggs for the truck
Sweet Treat Ministry - provide baked goods & sweets for the truck
How can I help financially?
Austin Ridge Bible Church has partnered with Mobile Loaves & Fishes to serve the homeless in our community through our very own Austin Ridge - MLF Truck Team. If you are looking for a way to financially support the annual cost of this program, please follow these steps:
- Click on the donate button and select Austin Ridge Bible Church as your designated church.
- You will be asked to select ARBC on the first question "Please choose a program" on the Mobile Loaves & Fishes donation page. Once you complete the donation form, select the orange donate button and you will receive an email confirming your donation. Thank you for your interest in partnering with us to serve our city.
What could I buy/create for MLF?
Our brothers and sisters living without homes in Austin are always in need of a wide variety of hygiene items. Linked is listing of specific items by brand with their respective prices all from HEB. The total cost of all of the items on the list is less than $30 before taxes. Those $30 dollars will make a world of difference for the individual they go to - good hygiene can be the difference between being offered a job or sent a rejection.
Please consider teaming up to cost-share putting together multiple hygiene packs by reaching out to your Life Group, Women's/Men's Study, or workplace! These items help to change the lives of these brothers and sisters.
What do you accept on Donation Sunday?
On Donation Sundays at Bee Cave, we accept used clothing (no stains or holes) and sealed, unused travel size toiletires.
We do not accept:
- Used underwear of any kind (boxers, bras, sports bras, etc.)
- Broken shoes
- Bathing suits
- Anything with provocative language or imagery
- Formal wear (prom dresses, cumberbuns, etc._
- Clothing that is stained or has holes
- Out of season clothing (winter jackets in the summer time)
Do you accept clothing donations throughout the month?
No. Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to have to volunteers sorting, bagging, and storing throughout the month. If you have clothes to donate, please drop them off at our Bee Cave campus on Donation Sunday which is the first Sunday of every month. Southwest and Dripping Springs attenders can also take your clothing to the Bee Cave campus on Donation Sunday.
Do you accept food donations?
It depends on what it is and when you have it! Lauren Atteberry, our MLF Coordinator, would love to talk with you if you have food to donate at any time. Reach out via email and indicate in the subject line if you're in a time restraint and need a response quickly.
Lauren was born and raised in the Metro Detroit area and graduated from the University of Michigan in 2011 with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. Go Blue! After a few too many Michigan winters, she fulfilled her dream of moving to Texas in 2015. She loves watching and collecting movies, cooking, hiking, and spending time with her friends and family. She has always been passionate about helping others and is grateful for all the doors God has opened for her through Austin Ridge. She feels amazingly blessed to serve two areas of ministry as our Mobile Loaves & Fishes Coordinator and Campus Projects Director. She married her best friend and fellow staff member, Shaun, in 2020, and they welcomed their first child in 2021.